< Return to Allison's Home Page
Biking to Steamboat Springs
For information about the reunion itself in Steamboat Springs August 20 - 22,
go to http://reunionO2k.info.
I'm back home, and photos have been added for all the days.
We started at West Yellowstone and biked to Steamboat
Springs. For the most part, we stayed at private campgrounds with motels or
cabins as options all along the route.
We had 10 people and 2 cars, so we had the option of
riding as much or as little as we wanted.
Here's the itinerary:
- Saturday, August 7 Meet in West Yellowstone, WY
(drive through Yellowstone)
- Sunday, August 8 West Yellowstone to Grants Village
(50 miles. Oh, I meant 56)
- Monday, August 9 Yellowstone biking day
- Tuesday, August 10 Grants Village to Colter Bay (37 miles)
- Wednesday, August 11 Colter Bay to Lava Mountain Lodge (22 miles. No,
- Thursday, August 12 Lava Mountain Lodge to Dubois (22 miles. Just 20, as
it turns out)
- Friday, August 13 Dubois (Layover -- hike to Lake
- Saturday, August 14 Dubois to Lander (72 miles. Oops - looks more like
- Sunday, August 15 Lander to Rawlins (120 miles. Oh, to the camp?
Then it's 124)
- Monday, August 16 Rawlins (layover)
- Tuesday, August 17 Rawlins to Riverside (49 miles. Good catch, Ken!
Actually it's 62.)
- Wednesday, August 18 Riverside to Walden, CO (52 miles. Yay! 48 miles.
Sorry about the wind.)
- Thursday, August 19 Walden to Steamboat Springs (50 miles)
First page >